Courtney Ernston has advised contractors and small business owners for nearly a decade. After working in her family construction company growing up, focusing on representing contractors was a natural fit. Rather than addressing the purely legal aspect of a situation, Courtney first focuses on the practical and business advice. While her primary focus over the past several years has been litigation, Courtney truly enjoys getting to know the ins-and-outs of her clients’ businesses.
Being a small business owner can be lonely at the top, so having a sounding board is one of the best parts of working with the firm. If you know Courtney, you know she loves giving her opinion on things, so she serves this role well.
After leaving her prior firm, creating a working environment that fosters growth and innovation was a top priority. North Star Law Group has been a labor of love that was created under the basic principle of serving our clients in as many ways as possible while nourishing and encouraging our team members to pursue their passions.
Licenses and Bar Admissions
- District Court of Minnesota
- University of Oklahoma College of Law- J.D.
- University of Minnesota- B.A.
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy
- Smart Construction v. Dean Suchy- Minnesota Court of Appeals- A22-1524
- Dozens of settlements in favor of construction clients
- Numerous defense verdicts in favor of my client
- Awarded Judgments and Sheriff Sales on mechanic’s lien foreclosure lawsuits
- Obtained several Summary Judgment Orders in favor of my client for breach of contract claims
- Successfully overturned an unfavorable jury verdict in favor of my client
- Timberwall Landscape & Masonry Prods., Inc. v. DRMP Concrete LLC – Minnesota Court of Appeals- A19-1767
- 2023 TeamWOMEN Under 40 Phenom
- 2023 Top Woman in Construction- Professional Services (Finance and Commerce)
- 2020-2023 Rising Star (Super Lawyers)
- 2022 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (US News and World Report)
- 2022 40 & Under Hot List (Benchmark Litigation)
- 2020 Up and Coming Attorney (Minnesota Lawyer)
- 2023 BRS Show- “Genius Bar” speaker
- Housing First Minnesota Contractors University- Multiple Continuing Education presentations for contractors
- Speaker at WINC (Women in Construction) Events
- DWELL44- Multiple Continuing Education presentations for contractors
- Housing First Minnesota Young Professionals Chair
- Housing First Minnesota Foundation Gala Committee Member
- NARI-MN (National Association of the Remodelers Industry) Golf Committee Chair
- WINC (Women in Construction) Member
- NAWBO (National Association of Women Business Owners) Member
- NAWIC (National Association of Women in Construction) Member
- TeamWOMEN Member